Friday, January 18, 2008

Love Your Cervix

Who knew January was “love your cervix" month? Not me...until I got this great e-mail from Planned Parenthood. It’s funny and informative, two of my favorite things, so I thought I’d share it with you. Feel free to pass this information along to other cervixes!
Kelly


This is your cervix writing. I know, you might've forgotten I existed until you got this e-mail just now (what with vagina and clitoris always hogging all the attention). I bet you wouldn't even recognize me if you saw me -- me, your very own cervix! Well, that's exactly why my pals at Planned Parenthood have a few ideas for you on how to show me some love. They've been helping women screen against cervical cancer for decades, and right now they're offering a few easy ways you can take care of yours truly (or, for you guys out there, how you can make sure your sisters, spouses, daughters, and friends stay healthy, too):
TOP THREE WAYS TO LOVE YOUR CERVIX
1. GET A PAP TEST.
I know, I know, this seems obvious. But think about it: When WAS your last Pap test? Start taking care of it this very moment. It couldn't be more important, and Planned Parenthood couldn't make it easier for you to find your nearest health center and make an appointment. Please don't put it off; you owe me a Pap and a cervical cancer screening at least once a year. Make your appointment now. http://www.ppaction.org/ct/3dLCfUM1PrzF/FindHealthCenter
2. GET THE HPV VACCINE.
You may have heard about this one in the news -- well, now it's time to take advantage of it. Protect me from the types of human papilloma virus (HPV) responsible for 70 percent of all cervical cancer cases, not to mention genital warts. Check out these YouTube videos to learn more about me, HPV, and the HPV vaccine. http://www.ppaction.org/ct/edLCfUM1PrzK/
3. HAVE SAFER SEX.
Okay, duh. But seriously, when I say safer, I mean using protection every time. Add HPV and cervical cancer to the long list of reasons why safer sex is sexier sex, and remember: your cervix cannot protect you, so please protect your cervix. Find out more about protection and safer sex here. http://www.ppaction.org/ct/37LCfUM1Prz-/SaferSex
Happy National Cervical Cancer Screening Month!
Love,
Your cervix
P.S. Don't have a cervix? Forward this e-mail to the people you love who do have cervixes!

No comments: