Monday, May 19, 2008

DELICIOUS VEGAN GOODNESS!

Our travels take us to different cities all over the country (we hope to add Canada to the list soon too) and this past year we made a point to check out lots of vegetarian and vegan friendly dining spots (Becca's been a vegetarian for years) and I must say my meat and dairy eating pallet has been more than impressed! The Happy Cow web-site has been our trusty guide to good vegetarian eats throughout the land.

A few of our favorites for those of you who are interested...
WaterCourse Foods in Denver, CO
MaMusu's West African Cuisine in Richmond, VA
French Meadow Bakery and Cafe in Minneapolis, MN

All of this exposure to vegetarian delights has me trying out my own recipes. I love to cook and bake and lately my new obsession is vegan eats. Although I am not vegan, I do appreciate the life style and am totally fascinated with the concept that an entire meal can be 100% plant based, organic, naturally cholesterol free and scrumptious. Absolutely amazing!

Lately, I have been working on perfecting the vegan cupcake, moist and tasty and able to stand up to any non-vegan cupcake out there. Mission accomplished! So far I've got 3 flavors down, chocolate cake with chocolate- peanut butter icing, strawberry cake with fluffy butter cream icing and coconut lime cake with coconut lime icing (pictured below). My husband thought I was nuts for snapping a photo of my latest vegan creation but after much research and hours in the kitchen I felt it was necessary.

Vegan love,
Kelly


No comments: