Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thirty Republicans Vote Against Justice for Gang Rape Victims

I tuned into The Daily Show last night as I often do before my evening slumber and I became enraged with the government, well really it was 30 specific government officials. I'm not going to rant about it here, I did my fare share of it last night but I'm still a little pissed off  and most definitely confused about why anyone would vote against protecting someone from rape.
 
Al Franken proposes getting rid of the old "it's OK if you get raped" clause in government contracts, but 30 Republicans object. Stewart of course finds humor in this and you can't help but appreciate his brilliance and laugh but when it comes down to it, there is nothing funny about this situation. It is sad, really sad. Some government officials actually say that gang rape is none of their business. Seriously? Words cannot adequately articulate the stupidity, stubbornness and selfishness I find in that statement.

Follow this link to watch the video and see for yourself.


No comments: